How To Involve Point 1
How to involve Point-1
To request our support, telephone or write to our Single Point of Contact (SPOC).
You will need to supply the following information about the infant, child or young person and their family:
- Date of birth
- Family composition
- Who is involved (for example, a GP or school)
- What the issue is
- How long it has been going on
- What the effect is on the child or young person’s life
- What has already been tried to address the issue
You may find it helpful to structure this information using our referral form.
Before requesting our support, it may be helpful to discuss your concerns with our Single Point of Contact (SPOC) team, to help you identify the best course of action for the infant, child or young person.
There are various ways we can support you in your role by providing information, training and advice. For example:
- An individual telephone consultation with a member of our staff.
- An individual case consultation regarding a referred case with the relevant professionals and support workers, for example, Children’s Centre staff, Health Visitors, SENCOs, teachers/teaching assistants etc. We can arrange a meeting at an appropriate time and place for the group.
- A group consultation, either regarding a specific case with the family’s informed consent or through anonymous case discussion, with a group of professionals and support workers, for example, Children’s Centre staff, Health Visitors, SENCOs, teachers/teaching assistants etc. We can arrange a meeting at an appropriate time and place for the group.
Submitting information about referrals;
Point 1 will not accept information on referrals unless the client and their family are aware and have explicitly consented or requested to the information being submitted.
Professionals who are aware of the referral but not directly involved in the case should deal with any information that they have/receive about a child or young person according to the policies and procedures of their own organisation.
If you are unclear whether the information you wish to provide falls under either category, please call us for an anonymous consultation.