COVID-19 Service Update:
We know that for many families this will be a very challenging time, and we want to reassure you that our teams are working hard to continue to offer services to children and young people experiencing mental health issues. We are not currently offering face to face sessions, but we can offer self-help advice, telephone and video support (subject to normal wait times).
For advice and support, please call us on 0800 977 4077 or email Point1email@example.com. You do not need to complete a referral form.
For enquiries about the Link programme, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The office is staffed Monday – Friday 08:00 – 13:00 and 14:00-19:00, Saturday 08:00 – 13:00
How we can help
We can offer support to infants and preschool children experiencing the early signs emotional difficulties. These difficulties may be causing them (and/or you, as their family) distress. If not addressed at this stage, it may prevent the infant or child from reaching their full potential for a happy and fulfilling life.
Common issues for the infants, preschool children and their families that we work with include:
- Persistent sleeping, feeding or behavioural difficulties (which may indicate relationship difficulties between an infant or preschool child and their parent/carer).
- Your concerns as a parent/carer about your relationship with your infant or pre-school child, or any difficulties you may be experiencing.
- If you are expecting a baby, your concerns about forming a relationship with the baby.
What we offer
We encourage a collaborative approach, and work closely with you to provide a brief, quick response to problems when they first arise. Our services include:
- Help in understanding your infant or child’s emotional needs and behaviour
- Brief parent-infant psychotherapy
- Advice and information
- Parenting groups
- Telephone support
- Joint working with you and other professionals already supporting you and your child
- Consultation with the professionals already supporting you and your child
For infants, preschool children and their parents/carers, our focus is on supporting healthy relationships and ‘good enough’ parenting. You might find these two brief animation videos helpful in understanding this idea, also the Circle of Security parenting programme that we offer as part of our service.
We offer sessions in a variety of venues in your local community or, where appropriate, in your own home. If you think you may have problems accessing any of our venues, please call us. We can also help you access other available services for your child.