Young people 11-17
How we can help
We can offer support to young people experiencing mental health and emotional difficulties that are causing them distress. If not addressed at this stage, these difficulties may prevent them from reaching their full potential for a happy and fulfilling life.
Common issues for the young people we work with include:
- Low mood and depression
- Fear, anxiety, worry
- Self-harm and suicidal thoughts
- Dealing with change
- Grief and loss
- Emerging eating difficulties
- Self-esteem, identity and confidence
- Relationship problems
- Understanding behaviour and emotions
How we work
We are a young-person centred service, and aim to be as flexible and responsive to the needs and wishes of each client as possible.
Our services include:
- One-to-one counselling for young people
- Themed group sessions and programmes
- Sessions with young people and their parent(s)/carer(s)
- Advice and information for parents/carers
- Telephone support
Community based services
We offer sessions from our centres (one-stop-shops for young people) in Norwich and Great Yarmouth and other community based venues around the county. Sometimes we provide intervention sessions at the young person’s school. If you think you may have problems accessing any of our venues, please call us. We can also help young people access other available services.